DEC in the News
Check out these articles and interviews about DEC in local publications:
- Corvallis Social Justice, The Corvallis Advocate Jan 2023
- Kate Williams Interview, KBOO October 2022
- DEC is taking a breakDear Friends and DEC Community Members: We wanted to let you know that Disability Equity Center (DEC) is suspending its operations as of June 1, 2023. The non-profit organization, started in 2019 out of a grassroots mutual aid movement, has promoted disability justice across the greater Willamette Valley. As a community resource hub, DEC has connected… متابعة قراءة DEC is taking a break
- Upcoming Events in CorvallisDEC Friends,The events and exciting opportunities listed below are happening in Corvallis and through leadership from Oregon State University’s disability community. Please take note, join, and support as you can! Thanks! Disabled Students Lounge—OPEN NOW! After much advocacy work, disabled students and ASOSU have successfully opened a pilot disability cultural center, the Disabled Students Lounge! LOCATION: Snell Hall… متابعة قراءة Upcoming Events in Corvallis
- Disabled Night Out, May 2Image description: Social image for Disabled Night Out. The image is black background with colorful illustrations including drinks, rainbows and people using mobility devices and crutches. Text on the image reads: “Come and join Disabled Night Tuesday, 02 May, 2023 Bombs Away Cafe 6-9 pm” Contact information is at the bottom of the image: email@example.com… متابعة قراءة Disabled Night Out, May 2
- April 23 – DEC Weekly UpdatesHello, DEC Folks! This week Disability Equity Center would especially like to amplify Linn Benton NAACP Branch’s upcoming event: Keys for the People: A BIPOC-Centered Housing Festival (formerly ‘Keys for the Culture’) DATE: April 29TIME: 1:00 – 5:00 pmLOCATION: Corvallis Community Center (C3) 2601 NW Tyler Ave, Corvallis, OR 97330 This event is a FREE family-friendly event, supported by CSC and Linn… متابعة قراءة April 23 – DEC Weekly Updates
- April 16 – DEC Weekly UpdatesHi there, DEC Community! Please check out all the good things we are sharing this week, and beyond. Happiness and warm wishes to everyone! Opportunities for Learning and Social Justice You are invited to join Oregon Department of Human Services APD leadership for updates on the 2023 Legislative Session Below is information on how to join… متابعة قراءة April 16 – DEC Weekly Updates
- April 7 – DEC Weekly UpdatesHello, everyone! Disability Equity Center is always so happy to share and amplify the good work, opportunities, and events in our community. Please see what’s listed below. Health, Wellness, and Navigation Support Overcoming Obstacles to Dental Care Do you or your loved one struggle with getting dental care? Capitol Dental’s Overcoming Obstacles to Dental Care program… متابعة قراءة April 7 – DEC Weekly Updates
- April 1- DEC Weekly UpdatesUpdates from DEC for April 1, 2023. Social events, art, music and creativity, social justice, special olympics gathering, trainings and paid opportunities.
- 2023 Sprout Film FestivalCheck out the 12th Sprout Film Festival from Home Life, March 24 & 25.
- DEC Listening Sessions in MarchAdults with disabilities are invited to participate in listening sessions to help improve Disability Equity Center.
- March 12 – DEC Weekly UpdatesWeekly updates from DEC: Join us and our community partners in this good work, fun, and world changing!