Hello, DEC Folks!
This week Disability Equity Center would especially like to amplify Linn Benton NAACP Branch’s upcoming event:
Keys for the People: A BIPOC-Centered Housing Festival
(formerly ‘Keys for the Culture’)
DATE: April 29
TIME: 1:00 – 5:00 pm
LOCATION: Corvallis Community Center (C3) 2601 NW Tyler Ave, Corvallis, OR 97330
This event is a FREE family-friendly event, supported by CSC and Linn Benton Health Equity Alliance. It is the second annual BIPOC-centered housing festival, and our community partners are delighted to build on the success of their prior event and make an even bigger impact. In addition to the presentations, enjoy local catering provided by Black and Latinx owned businesses, music, kid’s activities, browse tables of community resource providers, and free showings of the housing documentary Priced Out: Gentrification in Portland, Oregon.
Partners/volunteering/presenting/donating: Ty Anderson-Hubler, Linn Benton Health Equity Alliance, email@example.com
Communication/marketing/signage: Karla Garrett, Community Services Consortium, firstname.lastname@example.org
All other event inquiries: Jessica Groom, Linn-Benton NAACP, email@example.com
PAID interview opportunity from community member Laura Rodriguez
Laura Rodriguez is a student researcher at Portland State University. You can make your voice and disability experience heard!
From Laura: I’m looking for folks who want to share their story of looking for work or experiences at work for my dissertation project. My study is about understanding the experiences, good and bad, of women of color or non-binary people of color with intellectual disabilities when looking for work or working.
Your story is important! What I want to understand:
- Your story of looking for a job.
- What has helped you get a job?
- What would make finding a job easier for you?
What will happen in the study?
- You will have a one-on-one interview with me. A shorter second interview may happen if I need to ask any follow-up questions.
- You can always have a friend or family member with you during the interviews.
- You can do the interview over video (Zoom), phone, or in-person. Depending on what you want.
- The 1st interview will take 1 hour. If there is a 2nd interview it will be 30 minutes.
- Everything you say will be private and confidential. You can stop at any time and it will not harm you or the services you receive.
- You will get a $40 Starbucks, Amazon or Target gift card for the interview.
If you want more information about this study, please contact Laura Rodriguez by email firstname.lastname@example.org or cell phone (971)264-1257. THANK YOU!